General Category > General Discussion

My turning days are over

<< < (4/7) > >>

Doug Barratt:
Really sorry to read this Woody, I`d just like to wish you the best in what ever endeavors your health allows you to pursue.

Best regards.

Doug.

woody:
Hi John I will still be trying small items like pens and boxes I am my own worst enemy and get carried away I tried cutting up some small logs into pen blanks today with rest in between then all hell broke loos your right it is a pain in the neck but I will find the answer this is as I'm sure you will understand a complete new ball game to me and quite frightening especially when you are told one day it will hit you for the last time if you carry on 

woodndesign:
Hi Woody,  

What can I add, I'm so sorry to see your Health has stopped you from your large Pieces of turning, I've looked back through your posts since April and the wonderful diverse timbers and pieces that you've shared with us all on the forum over the past year, I should hope we'll see the best part, if not all and more besides of the 200 kits converted into the usually wonderful pens you make and your report on the kits used.

As said you have a wealth of skills and knowledge to impart with us all, things some of us have forgotten and other as yet need to know, as with seeing your work and the lastest of the large Cherry bowl, there would be those who would of consigned it to the fire or hacked into smaller pieces, but not you, you saw something in it, in view you are a Master if not by title or letters in the craft and other have so far learnt and can still learn from you the skills, understanding and insight to turn well, if not the same without fear, so it's hoped we've not heard the last of you on here as yet and you continue to love and enjoy your turning, when you can fit it in between the toy making, now should they have any part turned we want to is them, after all it's still wooden.

It has not just been your work, but your homemade wire wool/vinegar finish, drilling jig, sharping jig and hollower that you've so wonderfully shared as well.  Thank you.

What no gardening ...   :o ..  only wish we were near to help.

Is there anything the Doctors can or will do with regards to helping or making life that little better, is there an op. or anything, we hear as to what can be done these days or is it all down to the sherbets.

Wishing you remain in the best of health for along time to come.          

Sincere regards.     David

woody:

--- Quote from: woodndesign on January 17, 2013, 05:32:51 PM ---Hi Woody,  

What can I add, I'm so sorry to see your Health has stopped you from your large Pieces of turning, I've looked back through your posts since April and the wonderful diverse timbers and pieces that you've shared with us all on the forum over the past year, I should hope we'll see the best part, if not all and more besides of the 200 kits converted into the usually wonderful pens you make and your report on the kits used.

As said you have a wealth of skills and knowledge to impart with us all, things some of us have forgotten and other as yet need to know, as with seeing your work and the lastest of the large Cherry bowl, there would be those who would of consigned it to the fire or hacked into smaller pieces, but not you, you saw something in it, in view you are a Master if not by title or letters in the craft and other have so far learnt and can still learn from you the skills, understanding and insight to turn well, if not the same without fear, so it's hoped we've not heard the last of you on here as yet and you continue to love and enjoy your turning, when you can fit it in between the toy making, now should they have any part turned we want to is them, after all it's still wooden.

It has not just been your work, but your homemade wire wool/vinegar finish, drilling jig, sharping jig and hollower that you've so wonderfully shared as well.  Thank you.

What no gardening ...   :o ..  only wish we were near to help.

Is there anything the Doctors can or will do with regards to helping or making life that little better, is there an op. or anything, we hear as to what can be done these days or is it all down to the sherbets.

Wishing you remain in the best of health for along time to come.          

Sincere regards.     David

--- End quote ---
Hi David
Thank you for your very kind comments I will still be around just not doing the big stuff probably pens and Boxes you wont get rid of me that easy LOL also thanks to all you guy for your understanding and support I find it really encouraging Happy turning

woodndesign:

Woody,  That's all that we wish for your being round for along long time, now reel in the bull within and take it easy, not that you can, it's the never give in, always active part so take care.

In reading between the lines, with you not saying as to if the Doctors are able to do anything, it's like with my Dad and left to time.

So less of the rush, there's always tomorrow as they keep telling us all.

Cheers         David

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version