General Category > General Discussion

My turning days are over

<< < (2/7) > >>

Jim:
Sorry to hear this Woody, i wish you well for the future and and look forward to seeing your finished pens ...  ;)

Terry Miller:
I've only been on this forum for a short while but I have enjoyed reading your posts Woody.
I am sorry to hear of your news but the doctor didn't say you had to stop putting posts on this forum. you must have a wealth of expertise which would help us novices!!!
Best Wishes for the future.

Terry

Turners cabin:
woody dont give in just swap the lathe out for a one way sit down one i may know were one is going for sale in lincolnshire if he still has it let me know

thebowlerhattedturner:
Hello Woody,
                  I am sorry to hear about your ill health, but I think you should look on this as an opportunity to diverse. They say there is a book in everyone, how about writing a wood turning book based on your experience/s? If you did not want to turn you could get another turner to make the bits and then photograph them as you want.
       The trouble with turning is it gets a grip on you and becomes your life and is very hard to give up but there are always ways to keep involved.
 Regards
John BHT

woody:

--- Quote from: Turners cabin on January 17, 2013, 09:38:15 AM ---woody dont give in just swap the lathe out for a one way sit down one i may know were one is going for sale in lincolnshire if he still has it let me know

--- End quote ---
Hi Ian
I have a small lathe that I can sit at but with the condition I have its not just the standing my heart isn't pumping enough blood around to keep my body going and when there is any exertion it takes blood from the muscles and diverts it to the major organs then I get the chest pains and i lose all the power in my arms

But this said I'm not giving up completely I will still try making small items like pens, boxes and small bowls and see how I get on with them but if my body is still saying give turning up then I will as much as I love my hobby I love life even more.

As I said before this has been coming on for a long time that is why I started model making so it may be a bit of turning one day and a bit of model making another but most definitely no more big stuff 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version