General Category > General Discussion

Rust Prevention

(1/4) > >>

Paul Disdle:
Hi

I have a unheated workshop and some of my tools due to the damp pick up a little rust so I was wondering, what are people using to just protect there tools, chucks, cutters etc. I notice Axminster are now selling dry lube (http://www.axminster.co.uk/axcaliber-dry-lubricant-prod883641/?searchfor=dry%20lube) has anybody tried this.

Thanks

Paul

ken rodgers:
Hi Paul,
Never tried dry-lub, I just spray with WD40 on my chucks and lathe beds etc and find I have no issues with rust. For tools I use the same but wipe off a few minutes after appling.
Ken (Lowestoft)

woody:
I used to use the spray silicone it is fantastic stuff and it was free a friend used to bring it home from work for me

julcle:
I am a big fan of WD40 also, my unheated shed gets quite damp this time of year
but to date not too many issues with the WD40. Don't forget to spray the teeth and
blades on your saws as well otherwise you will be buying new bandsaw blades in the spring.

woody:
I just had a look at your link and it is the same stuff I referred dry ptfe the good thing about it is it dose dry so the dust wont stick to it and it is a very good lubricant I used it on all my woodworking tools and machines go for it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version