General Category > General Discussion

Pendant Fittings?

<< < (2/2)

arcos:
Thanks guys!!

On my way to the 'big' city and then being asked to pick up a writing pad amongst other bits and pieces for my friend in hospital I stopped off at a large Chinese shop to discover they hold a HUGE range of 'findings'!

I have picked up a few bits and pieces along with 5m of black leather strapping(?) and 5m of brown leather strapping(?) as well as a 3mm drill bit (for not too much money) ;-)

I have completed my first drop pendant with a nice little silver 'clasp', fitted with an 'o' ring and leather adjustable 'necklace'.

Aside from the slightly odd shape of the pendant (which I like, doesn't appear to grab many others who have seen it)... I am really quite surprised by how much I like the end result!

Will try and get a photo tomorrow.

The issue, and now understanding of why a hole is drilled PRIOR to turning is that, despite being incredibly careful and drilling the hole from both sides, it seems to ALWAYS tear a very small piece of wood from around the pendant! Very frustrating! Even with some extensive practice I can only achieve about 20% good hole, the rest have a nic somewhere around the hole, even a very minor nic is HUGE considering the piece being so small!

So, tomorrow is pendant turning day ;-)

Will work with the assumption that I will HAVE to use some 'findings' to secure the piece and hope that I can produce some nice, alternative shapes/finishes!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version