General Category > General Discussion

Then it Stopped

(1/6) > >>

woodndesign:

All was going well, had cut out the blanks, now for rounding, just into the 3rd and the blade took to stop .. back out a bit away we'd go .. then the same .. the belts not at it's best, but is doing it's job .. that it stops not to go again ... just a buzz when restarting ..  re-check everything till had a look at the motor .. Ah .. see pic's..

Elektra Beckum BAS 315/4 GWN 55 .. Instructions as helpful as chocolate fire guard .. overload relay or no voltage release in wiring diagram .. will it be contact Metabo.

Cheers   David

Bryan Milham:
Long time since I've seen a capacitor do that.

Doug Barratt:
"If you put the details of the capacitor into an e-bay search you will find them starting from pence."

That was a recommendation given to me a couple of years ago as I had 2 capacitors to change. I was amazed how cheap they were compared to the branded replacement.

Cheers.

Doug.

Andy Coates:
It's awful when that happens, especially when you need the bandsaw for your living and it holds you up. Doug's advice is spot on.

On the up side...the texture on the extruded gunk would make an interesting texture for a vessel!

Good luck getting it fixed.

woodndesign:

Cheers on the advice, from the picture alone, the crack in the container and contents melt over it, may not be able to get details .. see if it will clean off... may not be a quick  fixs.

David

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version