General Category > General Discussion

Then it Stopped

<< < (5/6) > >>

woodndesign:
Update .. I've had the parts in for a few days now.. well week .. too find the time, having checked the capacitor the cables are not color coded or labeled, I take it there's no wrong way to connect them into the relevant terminals ..  Next the manual as is the norm. gives assembly of parts as shipped and with no regard to repair or to the change/replacement of the drive belt, I'd consider to remove the wheel and bearing, given the parts plan, than dismantle the shaft from the frame setup which looks to have a nut on the shaft behind the bearing and to later face wheel runout ... then pulling an aluminum wheel could run into problems too ..  Has anyone been there with this job ...  help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers   David

Bryan Milham:
David,

I 'acquired' my bandsaw from someone who bought a new one. But told me it was not working (I'll have a go at fixing anything) anyway, the wheels were very stiff & grating so I deduced new bearings and anticipated the same problem removing the wheels.

Wrong, they are a slide fit not a press fit and come off relatively easily so I would guess yours will be the same.

But don't touch the locked lower shaft, it's balanced/centred in factory.

woodndesign:

Bryan you're a gentleman ... I'd considered when time permit, the wheel assembly would slip off easy with a little spray of something, but for a bit of rust..

Cheers   David

Bryan Milham:
David - Don't spray.

Penetrating fluid will ruin the bearings, the solvent will strip the grease out of them.

at best tap gently from behind with the side of a hammer or some-such.

woodndesign:

--- Quote from: dr4g0nfly on May 09, 2013, 06:27:19 PM ---David - Don't spray.

Penetrating fluid will ruin the bearings, the solvent will strip the grease out of them.

at best tap gently from behind with the side of a hammer or some-such.

--- End quote ---

Cheers Bryan sound advice for anyone, not the easiest thing to get behind for the enclosed housing or pull/lever on what's not the best of cast aluminum, then it's likely just to fall off.

Anyone on advice with the capacitor connections as are not coloured or labeled.

Cheers  David

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version