General Category > General Discussion

What is on your workshop roof?

<< < (3/3)

Paul Disdle:
I would suggest he did not fit it correctly, it requires a lot of fixings to tame it. You can find fitting instructions on the wickes website.

Paul

woodndesign:

I can only add I'm lucky that the manufacture of my shop used a very heavy grade of mineral felt an stapled it down, what looks like every 1/2" .. mind for all the rain an a week of snow on it, it look a little green .. mossy ..

How cost efficient is it for a firm to come and tar/felt your size of roof, you'd have no down time, and other than a drip of hot tar, you could continue working ..

I've found in our other line, it's best to buy pre-cut print mounts off a firm, than for me to cut them and have odd waste pieces from a sheet.

Fibreglass was always used on slate or any roof to stop them from slipping off as nails failed, but for houses with it, I understand there was concern with fighting a fire in emergency ..  but sounds good for a shop roof ... Oh the options.

Cheers   David

malcy:
My workshop is my garage, converted. 5 years ago I built an extension to my house and in the process extended the then garage outwards at the front and side to join the detached garage onto the house. The garage and it's extension was all flat roof and I fibre glassed the whole area. The materials all came from a local builders merchant and is as easy as felting, but alot better and am told it will last 25 - 30 years. That'll see me out.  Far superior to felt. Just need to be careful of the fumes etc. Malcolm.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version