General Category > General Discussion

What is on your workshop roof?

<< < (2/3) > >>

thebowlerhattedturner:
Yeah thanks Andy, some people do have workshops to die for, i just have a workshop that will kill me!!

TWiG:
Tarpaulin at the moment, as like yours mine is leaking !!!!!! I will just re-felt it again one day soon .

ravenge:
Water usually !!!
But seriously, I just re felted my workshop last summer, the original felt lasted 9 years so if I only have to re-felt every 8,9 or 10 years then I can live with that, got the whole job done in one afternoon too (easy peezy lemon sqeezy!!!) just make sure you have lots of spare Stanley knife blades though!!!

Roderick Evans:
If the pitch of your roof is too shallow for tiles then providing the structure of your roof is strong enough 18mm ply covered in fibreglass will last at least 30years Check out a company on line called Glasplies (an excellent company to deal with ,highly recommended,  youn can talk directly to one of their tchnical guys for advice and the girls are very helpful). It's a job you could do yourself with a little practice,give them a ring and they'll send you a brochure and price list.
Regards
Rod

thebowlerhattedturner:
Thanks all for your comments, I guess  I will end up felting it again, but I was thinking about using the corrugated stuff from Wickes. The trouble with that is my neighbour has it and it has warped and lifted and looks awful.
Still with summer nearly here I won't have to worry about it for a while ......will I????
regards
John BHT

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version