General Category > General Discussion

Wood Art Collaboration Carlow, Ireland

<< < (2/5) > >>

John D Smith:
Hi Mark you must have had a fantastic time "Right up your Street " thanks for posting the photographs I have just watched the video very enlightening

Regards John

woodndesign:

Hi Mark, Well done and thank you for posting the Event, wonderful as to what had been done, for you to be there is recognition as to where you are with your talent and work.

Compaired to Ireland, I couldn't see why Dorset shouldn't have it's own wall .. For it's landscape, the Jurassic Coast, Chalk, Portland Limestone and Purbeck stone, not to name the Places etc .. Corfe Castle for one, what a History and Rich Tapestry.

Don't work to hard.

Cheers  David

Mark Sanger:
Hi John and Dave

Thank you for your interest.

John is was right up my street and I expect you could see on the video of my version of the Maori Haka on the video that I was enjoying myself, I am blessed that my work is full on fun ( apart from the time of year when I have to do my self assessment).

Dave

I agree.

It would be a wonderful experience to have a collab in the UK and I have thought of it many times. But having been to two now I know it takes one hell of a lot of work many months prior to the event to obtain funding and Terry Martin, Cornelia McCarthy and Glenn Lucas together with others worked tirelessly behind the scenes long before the rest of us turned up with our chisels. May be in the future, who knows.   

woodndesign:

Hi Mark,

Yes, it is the behind the scenes continual work that goes on with any Event which makes it all happen for the 1, 2, 3 or more days.

If it came to an Event in the UK, it could be County wise, each area including the things Local to there...  then all put together in one location.. But like said, may be in the future.

Cheers   David

Andy Coates:
Wonderful results, Mark. I absolutely love the wall. Looking at it reminded me of an image I had in an inspiration file on the laptop...attached here

So today I played with the combined inspirations and I'll post the result in the Gallery.

I suppose I should call it 'Improvisation on an Improvisation on the theme of an Irish Wall"? :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version