General Category > General Discussion

is your workshop ever big enough?

<< < (3/5) > >>

TONY MALIN:
I'm three quarters of the way through a tidying up exercise in my garage/workshop. I unearthed 3x72 cans of   John Smiths bought on offer three years or more ago. Well out of best before, but still BOOTIFUL.

TONY MALIN:
OOPS. Must've had a few! 3x24. Still they'll keep me going.

Hartwood:
The answer is, we expand into and beyond the space available,so all we are able to do is mitigate the circumstances, such as "A place for everything and everything in its place, also you have to be tidy

The next time you contemplate the latest must have  bit of kit, think where will it live! and what will it displace.

Once the basic kit acquired everything after that is want rather than need!

The Bowler Hatted Turner:
Hi all,
       I thought this might elicit a few replies. In my own case I have extended my workshop twice now.
Hartwood, I know what you mean about a place for everything but eventually there are no places left. I often wonder why it is that we are told you only need 5 chisels to do woodturning and I have over 100?(!)
 Storing wood is my problem or to be more accurate the inability to turn down a nice piece of wood is my problem. I like your solution Ron (but I have to tell you Dr.Who is not real) Tony I'm surprised you don't know how much booze you have, have you ever had teenagers? ;D And Doug, the dining room, or as I like to call it the assembly area(re: the font).
So I will blitz the shed, throw out the rubbish and put tools away where they should be and I will then spend the next few weeks searching for tools that are normally on the bench >:(
I just can't win!!
Regards
JohnBHT

bodrighywood:
Oh John, I am sure that you could manage with a few less tools LOL. I do empathise with you though as, though I am an advocate of turning with as few tools as possible, I am forever picking up another one from somewhere or other. My excuse is since going full time I need tools that will cut the time it takes to make something. Storing wood is a real problem, especially living next door to a furniture factory where there are always offcuts going to the fire that need to be rescued 'just in case' 

Pete

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version