General Category > General Discussion

Dry transfer lettering

(1/2) > >>

The Bowler Hatted Turner:
Hi All,
         I am quoting for a job that will require loads of names and dates placed on a board in gold. So I was thinking of Letraset but I want the letters to be about15-18mm high and they don't seem to do it that size. Does anyone know of a company that makes this stuff? Or could advise me as to an alternative. (I don't really want to paint the names individually)
Regards
John BHT

malcy:
One way would be to print what you want onto computer transfer paper. Try www.craftycomputerpaper.co.uk and then select transfer paper,  to see if that method is suitable. Gold might be a problem though for a computer printer. The best way to get gold is to hot foil print it but you need a hot foil printer and the dies for that. Malcolm.

bodrighywood:
Could you do it with stencils and spray? You can get the stencils in all sorts of sizes.

Pete

YewTube:
Hi BHT

I have just Googled 'Self adhesive vinyl lettering' and found and number of companies which will let you design your own lettering and one was in gold.

Bill

julcle:
Hi John - I made an Honour board for my local Athletic Club a few years ago, They wanted the
names of all the Captains and the years listed. I went to my local sign shop with the list of names
and dates and they cut them to my size on vinyl so all I had to do was ley them on the board and
remove the masking tape that they were held together with. I am sure you are aware of the process.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version