General Category > General Discussion

JSP vs Trend Airshield

<< < (2/2)

malcy:
I have the JSP helmet with the battery on a lead for wearing on the belt. I bought this on Ebay for a quarter of the new price and found it to be very good. I wanted a system with full face protection and found that dust masks with safety glasses were not good as the glasses mist up. As an ex 3M employee, I would have had the 3M system but found it outside my budget, even though it is by far the best system. Some of the helmet systems with the battery in the helmet I find too heavy and tip forward when you lean over the lathe, so this is why I went for the JSP with the battery pack on a lead. I have had no problems over a couple of years with this. I have other dust systems in the workshop as well, namely the Jet room filtration and the usual dust/chip extractor. Even with these, there is dust in the workshop and therefore in the air, so I would definitely recommend using some facial system. Hope this helps. Malcolm.

Bryan Milham:
Yew,

what's wrong with the motor and why do you think it's failing?

Intermittent operation could be the sign of various faults, some are fixable, some not.

Weak operation could be the rechargeable batteries failing, I made up a new battery pack for mine when they went.

Give us a clue.

yew turn:
Thank you Malcy for your comments, I totally agree the wearing of an airshield is important as well as using other forms of dust extraction I just need to look at some options, glad to hear your airshield is serving you well.

Dragonfly luckily it's under warranty so it's going back to the supplier.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version