General Category > General Discussion

They just don't have a clue!

<< < (3/3)

woodndesign:

--- Quote from: Eric Harvey on November 23, 2013, 02:57:49 PM ---they make you mad don`t they,the tortures you could do to them in your head,as bodyrightwood says,the one I hate most did you make that yourself,you aswer yes I did,they then says but how did you turn it out og metal,ggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr.

--- End quote ---

Eric, the worst one is; "I can make you one like that dear and cost nothing" as they walk off ..

Cheers  David

Derwent Woodturning club:

--- Quote from: gwyntog on November 21, 2013, 10:26:41 AM ---You've got to laugh! A few weeks ago I took some of my lidded bowls and boxes to work to see if any of the staff wanted to buy any for Xmas presents. One person asked (of a 6" diam x 5" deep spalted beech bowl) 'How long did it take to make this?', so I told her that it was about an hour, from start to finish, to which she replied, something like,.....'Is that all, I thought that you be days working on that!' She then asked if I carved it all with chisels, so I briefly explained how the lathe turns at high speed and you offer the 'chisels' up to it to shape the wood. 'That's cheating!' she said, '...that's not proper carving'.
Arghhhhhhh....Philistine!
Les

--- End quote ---
Hi Les, you've made my day. I burst out laughing when I read your post. Did you manage to keep a straight face when she said that? ::)

Les Symonds:
Hi Paul...good to hear from you, and yes, I kept a straight face....but oh how I wish i could have thought of a cutting remark to slap her down to size with, but quick-wittiness is not one of my attributes!
Les

davidbrac:
I know someone who is really impressed with the work l do and tells everyone else that l am a "wood-twister"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version