General Category > General Discussion

They just don't have a clue!

<< < (2/3) > >>

TWiG:
More than one person has thought that my hollow forms are created by " inflating " a piece of hot wet wood !! if only it was that easy !  But in some ways I admire their imagination .... Terry...

Bryan Milham:
Les,

I must admit I also sell a few pieces to people on my office, normally from photo's.

To reveal a little bit, people have learnt to to mention anything about wood in my hearing, I can be a bit of a fanatic about it.

Ah well, you can't have everything!!!!!

The Bowler Hatted Turner:
John, so he got you into a bit of a lather ...  Wink ..

Cheers   David
Hi David, yes I suppose y when you could say that. I am not normally a miserable person, I talk to people and smile at them and I am generally nice and helpful.....it's just sometimes the public just p**s me off.
Regards
John
BHT

woodndesign:

--- Quote from: The Bowler Hatted Turner on November 22, 2013, 10:37:29 PM ---John, so he got you into a bit of a lather ...  Wink ..

Cheers   David
Hi David, yes I suppose y when you could say that. I am not normally a miserable person, I talk to people and smile at them and I am generally nice and helpful.....it's just sometimes the public just p**s me off.
Regards
John
BHT

--- End quote ---

Young John, once upon a time, now when that's a good question .. I too excepted, tolerated and was generally, how best to say it, a happy go lucky bunny, still am most of the time .. I'd wondered as I write just what it is that nowadays, like you .. there are those that one can't understand the reasoning nor tolerate the likes of more each day ... is it down to an age thing with just me and a point of after so long it's just plain fed up.

I'm happy to cycle or had been, needing to mail most afternoons, it saves trying to park the car in town and that's something else .. anyway the bike .. I'm sure no one understands the highway code on how to pass a cyclist/s (if the wife is with me) or handsignals even, in both directions I/we can use a central right turn safety lane (well it should be) to turn from the main A road, vehicles will keep passing using no man's land and the turn lane, even when I've my arm out and wait for a space to cross the road... what's with them.

That something else .. it's been the car this week, now the turn into the town center is from a large roundabout and 4 lanes enter the RB. just before the TC. road, 2 into the RB. 2 for the dual carrage ring road, which you bare off from for TC. ... most disregard any signs, road markings and indicators, if not the car and plow into the RB. as if it's you're the one to stop .. the wife hates the turn and unnerves me slapping the dash to brace herself each time and the "we don't need an accident" .. I still associate the slap with the emergency stop and one day inadvertently I will.

Sorry to all, it's a bit of a rant, maybe going off topic, then it is still most don't have a clue what they do or have done, ignorance is bliss.

Cheers  David

Eric Harvey:
they make you mad don`t they,the tortures you could do to them in your head,as bodyrightwood says,the one I hate most did you make that yourself,you aswer yes I did,they then says but how did you turn it out og metal,ggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version