Author Topic: Axminster Show Nuneaton  (Read 2598 times)

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
Axminster Show Nuneaton
« on: March 21, 2014, 07:13:53 PM »
I have just got back from the Axminster Wood turning show at their Nuneaton Branch thank you Axminster for a great show well organised it was

most enjoyable it was well worth going free entry an 10% off everything Well done.

Regards John
John Smith

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
Re: Axminster Show Nuneaton
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 10:09:19 PM »

John, That was alot of bodies, for even a large store, so many, we'd missed you .. :( .. Parking was fun too.. overflowing the Estate .. Couldn't fault the Event at all, very good show... Free coffee & biccies.

Cheers  David
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

Offline Derwent Woodturning club

• bronze
    • Derwent Woodturning Club
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 01:31:40 PM »
I think Axminster should be complimented for putting on this event. Several of our club members had a great day out: shopping, watching, and chatting to, demonstrators, and meeting new and old friends. I wonder what the other merchants thought of the full car park  ;) We called in at Screwfix on the way out, and I am sure many other Axminster visitors will have done similar, so it can't have been all bad for them.

Does anybody know which Turner 'won' the '20min. challenge'? They were all impressive, with a host of different designs and techniques.
Regards,
Derwent Woodturning Club

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 06:26:10 PM »

Hi Paul, I heard no big announcement as to who won at the end of yesterday, just the usual wind down, packup and gone... There was whoever won had to stand the drinks .. guest it's why some soon left ..  ;) .

Don't think it involved the time, more on the customer votes for the Turner. Best check Ax Blog, no new at the moment.

Just wondering if I'd won the £150 ...  ;D..

David
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''