General Category > General Discussion

Chip and PIN machines

<< < (3/3)

john taylor:
I think it is part of virtual terminal, he will be logged into his paypal account and process it as a mail order transaction.

john

Dave Atkinson:
Hello all

I found this "in another place".  ;)

I've not researched it through but you may find it of interest.

Cheers Dave
http://www.adelante.co.uk

Andy Coates:
I can tell you about them...

landline-based POS system £15 month + setup fee etc.

mobile handheld wifi unit £18 per month on 12 mnth contract...53 transactions included. 20p per trans after that.

android POS via app...£10 per month, £25 setup fee

woodndesign:

The costs have gone up since I had a merchant account.. We had a Streamline POS reader through Federation of Small Businesses, which has been mentioned before, I'd of liked the Co-op free banking, as our Banks Business account changed for transactions again on sells... (this could have been charged, as some do for card transactions, but when your a small fry, some dislike the extra charge)..  well the Bank changed on everything, even if you had to pay in cash..   to many lumps in mattress...    ;D ...  if only.

Have we at all come up with a result to this and to how we get hold of the customers payment, if not cash..

It was interesting that on the program handed out at wood@works Daventry, it had on the back details, distant and route to the nearest cash point machine...  just in case the cash run out..     ;D ..    so maybe at an event, a look round for a near by hole in the wall could be an answer..    Our Club went to an event at the local town centre Church and the PO, Halifax, Barclays and Lloyds are all in view..   ;D .. in that order... 

David

Paul Hannaby:
I was at the Spring garden show at Malvern last month and lots of people had problems with their chip&pin machines failing to process card payments. It wasn't confined to a particular machine or a particular mobile network, all seemed to suffer. It appeared that the large influx of people (as you might expect at such a show) was overloading the mobile phone networks.

Has anyone had similar problems at other large shows?

Unfortunately all the mobile systems seem to rely on mobile phone networks and they don't give any guarantees on service.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version