Author Topic: Seminar  (Read 6895 times)

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
Seminar
« on: June 28, 2011, 08:53:43 PM »
Hi Everyone,As it is only 6 weeks away I thought I would ask Who is going to the Seminar? at Loughborough.This will be my
3rd Seminar it is a wonderful weekend I am so looking forward to it and I hope to meet many of you there.Regards John
John Smith

Offline Dave Atkinson

• Global Moderator
  • gold
  • Macclesfield
Re: Seminar
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 09:32:06 PM »
Hi John

Some of us will be there in orange shirts!!!  Feel free to take the mikey but remember it'll cost you later in the bar!  Some of the team are known to drink a lot ::) ::)

John is quite right - it is a fantastic event.  If you haven't booked - get on with it - there still time.

See you there

Dave

DAVE BADKIN

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 11:42:01 PM »
Hi, it will be my first time attending too. I'm like a little kid, I can't wait.
Please forgive my ignorance but what is the deal with orange shirts? Do I need one?

Dave

Offline Paul Hannaby

• platinum
    • Creative Woodturning
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 12:26:10 AM »
I'll be there too. I'm looking forward to going.

Dave, the orange shirts are for the volunteers and organisers so the rest of us know to let them jump the queue at meal times!  ;D They all do a grand job and they are busy people so nobody minds.

Andy Coates

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 08:12:49 AM »
I'm sorry to report that my orange shirt was washed by SWMBO and the colours have run with the pot of dylon black sock that was hidden in the wash   >:(
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 03:47:11 PM by Andy Coates »

Offline Dave Atkinson

• Global Moderator
  • gold
  • Macclesfield
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 08:34:37 AM »
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 12:00:12 PM »
Hi Andy,As Colouring in Woodturning seems to be the latest thing to do, it looks like the SWMBO's are getting in on the act.
Regards John ::) ::) :P 
John Smith

Offline John

• bronze
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 12:40:09 PM »
I will be there it will be my second seminar, I think I'm going to be a camera operator, So see you next month
John English
John English

theblindwoodturner

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 07:50:39 PM »
what the heck is SWMBO? sorry this is for the non shortcut spoken folk lol aka ME lol

lew

myatt1972

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 10:42:09 PM »
She Who Must Be Obeyed  ;)

theblindwoodturner

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2011, 08:19:41 AM »
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2011, 08:51:15 PM »
Hello Everyone, With less than 2 weeks to go to the Seminar at Loughborough is anyone else going who have not posted on this thread it would be interesting to see the names of any more Delegates.Regards John
John Smith

theblindwoodturner

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2011, 09:37:59 PM »
Sorry folks. can't make it for this one. This would be my first one anyway. Have work commitments with tool design works and further work on the workshop, so finances are tied for this year. I'll be up for next time hopefully as a demonstrator fingers crossed. Have to sort things out with the officials to AWGB lol.

have a good time.

lew

Offline BrianH

• gold
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 05:55:41 PM »
I had resigned myself to missing this one but Wify's health has improved markedly so I am now a late entrant. Not overnighting though so anyone in need of a leg-to-pull, mickey-to-take, or face-to-insult I'm your man during the day. Look me up and I promise to act my shoe size rather than my age.
Seeya
Brian

Offline Dave Atkinson

• Global Moderator
  • gold
  • Macclesfield
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 08:19:38 PM »
Hi Brian

Come and say Hi.  I'm the good looking bald bloke in the daft orange shirt!!  ;D ;D

Cheers Dave