Author Topic: Computer dyslexia  (Read 3042 times)

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
Computer dyslexia
« on: July 22, 2015, 09:27:28 AM »
Is it just me but I am finding that my computer has developed dyslexia and as the spell check doesn't seem to work on several of the forums I am forever posting things that are mis spelled. Doesn't help that my fingers are bigger than the keys LOL. Woirse still on the phone.

Pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

Offline Graham

• platinum
  • Chairman. www.DidcotTurners.club
Re: Computer dyslexia
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 09:44:51 AM »
You have to be fair minded with these things Pete. English is a second language for the computer and it probably speaks it better than you speak binary. ( or perhaps that should be sand script ? )  :)
Regards
Graham
I have learnt the first rule of woodturning.
The internal diameter should never exceed the external width.
Nor the internal depth, the external height.
Does that make me an expert now ?

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 10:06:50 AM »
Hi Pete,
           I think most of your misspelt words are where you are hitting two adjacent keys at the same time take you latest posting you have spelt Worse
   Woirse o & i being adjacent keys.
                                                 Regards John
John Smith

Offline Mark Sanger

• platinum
    • Mark Sanger Web Site
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 10:49:02 AM »
I often have the same problem that John has highlighted, I can type fast but not accurately so I have to check often.

In my last job I types up hundred of files for many years before I realised the computer was set to American  :)

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 11:50:08 AM »
I know what it is John LOL. Just that the spell check doesn't seem to work and havuing fingers that are larger than the keys I am doing it a lot lately. As in having just now) and it is such a pain having to try and read everything I type again. I often don't notice until I have posted and have to go back and edit.

Pete

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 11:59:49 AM »
I'm finding the keyboard I'm using can be slow in relaying the letters .. at times not repeating ee's & oo's if hit too quickly..

As for language, it's as with George ... Irish ... As for spell check.

Cheers
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 03:14:22 PM »
Pete for a moment their I thought you had become Oirish he he. (No offence meant to anyone who is Irish)
One of the signs and side effects of diabetes is a loss of sensation in the extremities ie fingers and toes and other areas. May I respectfully suggest that you get your blood sugars tested? as although you feel it may be down to having large fingers it could be something more and if it is not no harm done.

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 04:29:02 PM »
Thank you John, appreciate the warning. I am at that age where a lot of these things can creep up on you. I am one of those who has a 'doctor phobia' and so get nagged frequently to go amd get tested for things. I know I should and will.

Pete

Offline GBF

• platinum
    • Artistry in wood
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2015, 04:40:27 PM »
Pete for a moment their I thought you had become Oirish he he. (No offence meant to anyone who is Irish)
One of the signs and side effects of diabetes is a loss of sensation in the extremities ie fingers and toes and other areas. May I respectfully suggest that you get your blood sugars tested? as although you feel it may be down to having large fingers it could be something more and if it is not no harm done.

If I were you Pete I would go to the Doctor for a second opinion. ;D ;D ;D

Regards George
The man that never made a mistake never made anything

Offline Paul Hannaby

• platinum
    • Creative Woodturning
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2015, 08:16:05 PM »
I do a lot of typing as I work with computers all the time but I still have trouble with my fingers spelling words differently than I do! ;)

One of my common mistakes is to mis-spell "Regards" as the salutation at the end of an email. Unfortunately, G is below T on the keyboard so sometimes it comes out as "Retards"!  ;D So if I ever do that on an email to you, it was an accident, honest!  :P

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2015, 07:08:12 PM »
Doesn't help that my fingers are bigger than the keys LOL. Woirse still on the phone.

Pete

The size of a computer is dictated by the size of the input device!
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!