Author Topic: Getting in the Christmas spirit  (Read 5137 times)

Offline fuzzyturns

• platinum
    • Fuzzy Turns
Re: Getting in the Christmas spirit
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2015, 08:49:01 AM »
There's a lot more to George than meets the eye Fuzzy, a lot more than just bowls believe me LOL.
I know that, I have had 2 days training from George, and I have seen his little gallery at his home. I have also seen the water colour paintings he posted a long time ago on his blog, and let me tell you, they are very, very good.
I have the highest respect for GBF, but I sometimes wish he was a little more adventurous. I think he could do so much more than he's showing us.

Offline Lazurus

• platinum
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2015, 09:27:39 AM »
Will do ta,  ;)
Living and working on the Norfolk Broads

Offline GBF

• platinum
    • Artistry in wood
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2015, 09:54:38 AM »
There's a lot more to George than meets the eye Fuzzy, a lot more than just bowls believe me LOL.
I know that, I have had 2 days training from George, and I have seen his little gallery at his home. I have also seen the water colour paintings he posted a long time ago on his blog, and let me tell you, they are very, very good.
I have the highest respect for GBF, but I sometimes wish he was a little more adventurous. I think he could do so much more than he's showing us.

Hi Fuzzy.

The difference between you and I is that you are still at the stage in your woodturning where you are trying to impress other woodturners nothing wrong with that, but I have been there and moved on to only making what sells.
I spend so much time teaching now I have very little time for playing maybe I should set some time aside for just that .
I don't put everything I make on Blogs or you would all be more fed up with me than you are now LOL
With my teaching and supplying several Galleries I am kept more than busy and I am supposed to be retired I wonder how I ever found time to work.
Just for you Fuzzy when things quieten down I will make some new work.

Regards George
The man that never made a mistake never made anything