General Category > AWGB News & Announcements

Revolutions Archive

<< < (3/4) > >>

Derwent Woodturning club:

--- Quote from: John D Smith on December 06, 2015, 07:57:15 PM ---
  A good idea as long as the decision is not made by the opinions of those who post on this Forum remember we are very very small percentage of the

Membership of the AWGB and those who still wish to have a hard copy are not overlooked.

Regards John

--- End quote ---
A very good point John. As Secretary for the club and also editor of the newsletter, I was going to bring this up for discussion but it seems to be gaining that much momentum I can see me asking for a more formal response to this idea. We have two members who do not have access to the internet and receive their newsletters in printed form but that still leaves forty who get it by email. It will be interesting to see if the same goes for Revolutions. But even if only some of those opt for an electronic form, that must still save the AWGB quite a lot of money, at least I hope so. Oops! What have I started?!?!

MCB:

--- Quote from: Derwent Woodturning club on December 06, 2015, 01:53:09 PM ---Hi Paul,
I have just come across your posting that an archive of Revolutions has been created. Excellent idea! But that gives me another idea.

I am sure the cost of producing and mailing out copies of Revolutions to all AWGB members must be a significant financial load on the AWGB. How about making it an option for members to receive an electronic copy, or as I do with our club's newsletter, just send a reminder that the latest copy of Revolutions is available on the website?

I for one would actually prefer an electronic copy - easier to store, easy to access from anywhere in the world, and I can print off any pages I want to use in the workshop.

--- End quote ---

I  prefer a paper copy that I  can read anywhere (on the tube, in bed, anywhere!).

This is  the view that I  have taken with other societies' magazines - even if the subscription for a paper copy is  higher.

To highlight the point, the website crashed while I  was trying to type this message!

I  have no problem with AWGB offering members the option to receive an electronic copy but PLEASE don't cease printing a paper version.

MCB

edbanger:
I'm not saying that it's for everyone but if we were able to take either a paper copy or electronic we could chose, the members that would like the electronic could save The AWGB some money.

Ed 

fuzzyturns:
I very much doubt that the "website crashed". It is much more likely that your local internet provider had a momentary load spike, most likely because too many people in your neighborhood decided to watch some on-demand movies. Nevertheless. you do make a valid point. I believe this should be offered as a dual option, just like it is offered by most magazines.

MCB:

--- Quote from: fuzzyturns on December 06, 2015, 11:06:07 PM ---I very much doubt that the "website crashed". It is much more likely that your local internet provider had a momentary load spike, most likely because too many people in your neighbourhood decided to watch some on-demand movies.
[snip]

--- End quote ---

The effect was the same whatever the reason.

The site disappeared.

MCB

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version