Author Topic: basket case  (Read 4013 times)

Offline wider

• gold
Re: basket case
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2017, 12:03:23 AM »
hi Fuzzyturns I have also got the rim completed so hope it is to your liking. think they are about 18hrs now in this bowl.

Offline wider

• gold
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2017, 12:13:05 AM »
another photo from below.

Offline fuzzyturns

• platinum
    • Fuzzy Turns
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2017, 09:05:57 AM »
Yes, it does take a long time to make a piece like that, but I think it's worth the effort. And I have to compliment you on your photos, they are very well done.
I would also say to you: don't pander totally to the feedback you get on here, be it from me or anybody else. We all have different views of what is beautiful, and you will never be able to satisfy everybody. Rather take all the feedback on board and then do what you think is right.

Offline wider

• gold
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2017, 10:23:03 AM »
thank you for your help in some cases when I can change and I realise that the comments are right then I like to change for the better. thank you.

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2017, 01:49:34 PM »
You've put more thought into this than many people who create basket weave effects, it's not a sequence of beads and radial lines, each cell is individually created with curves. I'm sure there must be a mathematical tern for the shape but I don't know it.

The shading effect, you've then added, brings the whole thing to life. Basket weave, yes but more like rush-work, with thicker, softer fibres that might create this overall effect.

Very different, very effective and very attractive.
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Offline wider

• gold
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2017, 06:40:09 PM »
thank you for your compliments there  dr4g0nfly.