Author Topic: Bearings going on my lathe  (Read 2391 times)

Offline vyvsdad

• copper
Bearings going on my lathe
« on: May 08, 2017, 09:21:43 PM »
Hi guys,

it would appear that the bearings are starting to go in my Poolewwod euro 1000. Is there anyone on here who has any hints and tips or anything I should watch out for whilst I change them?
I love my lathe my lathe and don't want/can't afford to change it, so a home refurb it must be, unless off course by chance there is someone in London who can do it professionally and very cheaply.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Offline Lazurus

• platinum
Re: Bearings going on my lathe
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 01:53:29 PM »
I have done a couple of Axminster lathes but not a Poolewood, providing you can get the old bearing out, best advice is to put the new ones in the freezer for a few hours and warm the headstock up a little before inserting, makes a difference and saves a hammer and block to tap them in.

Best of luck.
Living and working on the Norfolk Broads

Offline happy amateur

• bronze
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 04:27:01 PM »
Terry Davies at poolwood.co.uk might be able to give some advice.

Fred
orchard-Woodturners.org.uk

Offline Duncan A

• bronze
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 01:38:38 PM »
Not quite what you are looking for but a DVR XP bearing change may be somewhat similar:
https://teknatool.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/19000048912-faq-dvr-how-to-change-the-bearings-on-nova-series-lathes

Duncan

Offline Wood spinner

• platinum
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 05:04:43 PM »
Hi guys,

it would appear that the bearings are starting to go in my Poolewwod euro 1000. Is there anyone on here who has any hints and tips or anything I should watch out for whilst I change them?
I love my lathe my lathe and don't want/can't afford to change it, so a home refurb it must be, unless off course by chance there is someone in London who can do it professionally and very cheaply.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Hi Dan , did you get the bearings replaced on your lathe , I did them on a Poolwood 28/40 I once owned