General Category > General Discussion

Questions

(1/4) > >>

Paul Hannaby:
Feel free to ask any turning related questions but before you do, try the search function at the top right of the page. It may be that someone has already asked the question and you might find it has already been answered.

Derwent Woodturning club:
Hi Paul,

Good point but are you aware that a search only searches the 'current' category i.e. whichever category you are viewing. For example, if you are in the Events section and do a search for 'Nova',  the search returns no results, but if you go to the 'Home' (General category) page which shows all the categories, it will find lots of results.

Even more problematic, if you are viewing a specific posting, the search only goes through that posting. It does not search anywhere else.

This may be a function of the website that could be modified but for now, members need to remember to do their searches from the 'Home' (General category) page.

Hope that helps,

crazylegs:
I can see where you are coming from but do you not want posts? If no one asks questions then it might as well just be a knowledge base. I prefer to ask a specific question and get an answer rather that searching for a general subject and getting loads of results to wade through. That is if i can work out how to search in the first place.

Paul Hannaby:
If you click search then choose advanced search, you have the option of searching all boards or just the one(s) you select. No modification needed :)

No, I'm not trying to stop anyone posting questions, I just thought it was worth pointing out the feature that might save some time in finding an answer.

crazylegs:
If I enter something in the search bar and click I do not get an advanced search?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version