General Category > General Discussion

Questions

<< < (3/4) > >>

k.carvings11:
Hello The Bowler Hatted Turner.

OK. Thank you. No problem. I'll pop by and say hi. I look forward attending this event and meeting you and other turners.

Cheers 🍻

Sioncoop:
Hi, I'm new to the forum so if I'm doing anything wrong please tell me lol. I'm looking for an upgrade but am torn between the axminster 1628 (now the at406wl)  and the twister fu 180. I've found plenty of review on the axminster and they look and sound a real good lathe and one that will last but the twister fu 180 is around 300 quid cheaper but I can't find any reviews on it at all just wondering has any ody had any expiriencw with the twister fu 180

Thanks very much

bodrighywood:
Never heard of the Twister but if Simon Hpe stocks it the  I would assume it's a good one. I personally am not as enamoured with Axminster as some due to a number of 'glitches' I have had with their equipment but I am almost alone in that.

Pete

fuzzyturns:
Simon Hope used to sell the Twister FU200, which is essentially the same lathe as the Axminster 1628, until Axminster basically forced him to stop selling it, so now he can only offer the Twister FU180 (slightly smaller lathe). I have the FU200, and it's a very good machine (so presumably the same is true for the Axminster). So in the end it really comes down to a price difference of £300 vs a max. diameter over the bed of 400mm or 360mm. Considering both lathes have swivelling headstocks, that is not really a limitation, so I guess I personally would go for the Twister. Happy to provide a more detailed review of the Twister FU-200.

Paulludd@hotmail.com:
Hi All
         I have most likly got this wrong, but is this the right way to ask a Question? i am an over 65 IT idiot.

Paul

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version