Author Topic: Danish Oil  (Read 4570 times)

Offline otterbank

• bronze
Re: Danish Oil
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2018, 09:32:47 PM »
 I spoke to him today and he’s thinking of looking into getting the certs. First I started Rustins didn’t have all the certs either. It doesn’t bother me for my own use , it’s just what to tell the punters. Most of my stuff is display anyway so wouldn’t really be an issue. Might even be able to afford a dipping tank at that prices 😉
Michael

Offline Tony_a

• bronze
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2018, 10:11:28 PM »
I recently had a two thirds used can of Rustins go off. I'm assuming it was the oils polymerising as it became thicker and sort of clotted. Had been using the can over about a six month period. Anyone else experienced this.

Tony
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened. (Churchill)

Offline seventhdevil

• platinum
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2018, 10:00:40 AM »
yes that's happened to me too. i experienced it with rustins and liberon but not blackfriars.

i've been using the latest rye oils 5ltr bottle for nearly a year and it's still good.

Offline hughie

• gold
  • The Wooden Potter
    • http://www.facebook.com/TheWoodenPotter
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2018, 11:51:24 AM »
I mix my own 30/30/30 estapol,BLO , Turps   and I  have another that less BLO and estapol. Maybe this will help. But for sand to 240 or thereabouts sometimes go finer. Then rub in one coat for several minutes, wait for no more than  10 min and wipe off the excess. I leave it over night and generally give it a buff next evening. I get a low sheen not unlike an well used antique.