Author Topic: The Glade  (Read 1463 times)

Offline Derek

• platinum
The Glade
« on: July 23, 2018, 04:54:29 PM »
Small hollow form 4" X 3 1/4" top is spalted beech for contrast and the main body from a dirty looking piece of London plain sprayed with ebonising spray and decorated using chestnut iridescent paints and finished with satin acrylic spray

C & C welcome

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
Re: The Glade
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 05:22:53 PM »
It reminds me of a sub marine landscape, with weeds wafting in the current.....and I like the lid!
Les
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 07:10:11 PM »
I've seen the technique you've used demo started but not yet had an opportunity to try it.

Likewise with the Chestnut Irradescents but they certainly seem to differ from the Jo Sonja ones. And give an excellent effect.

Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Offline Derek

• platinum
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 08:41:09 PM »
Thank you Les and Bryan. This is the first time I have tried this I was playing with string and chain but found the string more effective on this piece. I was after the effect of flowers on grass. looks like more practice needed

Offline John Plater

• gold
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 10:11:12 PM »
A lovely form in the base part, very subtle lines, I like it a lot. The natural wood of the lid doesn't work for me, too far removed from the finish of the base. Maybe go for a single colour, picking out one of the ones used on the base ?
ATB John
If I had a better lathe, I would be able to show my ineptitude more effectively.