Author Topic: Christmas is here  (Read 2050 times)

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
Christmas is here
« on: December 17, 2018, 08:25:32 PM »
That's it. last sales done today, no commissions, no demos, or tuition until January. No need to go into the workshop unless I want to. A very hapy, merry and pleasant Christmas, yuletide, solstice whichever you celebrate.

Pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
Re: Christmas is here
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 08:34:39 PM »
Merry Christmas to you an Mo too Pete. As for me I am still working, still got 2 commissions to finish before I am done but the last big one of the year was collected and paid for this morning!!So I can have meat on the table this Christmas. :D

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 08:49:06 PM »
One aspect of having our own little wood turning shop is that we'll be open right up to 4:30 on Christmas Eve, but that's fine! Christmas Eve is a fun day in the shop, when regular customers call in to wish us well and when husbands call in, in the vain hope that we will know exactly what their respective partners will need, and hopefully want! Several hours later, it will be Christmas Day and we will celebrate our first ever Christmas as grandparents. Life is good!
Enjoy your Christmas, Pete and Mo, we shall certainly enjoy ours.

Les and Sally.
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 09:10:54 PM »
I thought I'd got there last week, but a small order for 4 seam rippers arrived. Sorted now, Christmas is inbound.

A very merry Christmas is wished to all.
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Offline Derek

• platinum
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 09:37:34 PM »
I thought that I had completed all of the bits that needed doing before Christmas and it would allow me to just go into the workshop and play, but the wife says can you make two coloured tea lights for a present.
So now have to make those tomorrow and the next day. If they had been plain wood could have knocked them out in a day easy. Baa Humbug.

Enjoy the festivities everyone and hope you all get some nice new toys for the workshop

• platinum
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 04:16:02 PM »
I had a last minute job come in, 2 drawer knobs in Pau Amarillo and Ebony. So I have glued up the wood ready to turn them tomorrow morning and thought I would just remove the remains of the old knob before I knocked off for the day. I am not sure, but I do not think the old knobs were turned by a professional turner (whenever they were made) as the spigot used to hold the knobs in place was made from a pencil, complete with the lead still in it.
That's another bit for the book then!

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 04:22:25 PM »
LOL.Not seen that one, had old bolts and screws but not a pencil. Hope it was at least 2h

Pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

• platinum
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 06:24:04 PM »
Still had the lead in it!

Offline John Plater

• gold
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2018, 10:37:14 AM »
I am a relatively new contributor to this forum which has been a useful antidote to lonesome work in the garage and shed  ;D
Season's Greetings of whatever shade takes your fancy and a successful 2019 to all of my "new" friends, many of whom I have yet to meet.
ATB John
If I had a better lathe, I would be able to show my ineptitude more effectively.

Offline Motley Dog

• iron
    • Motley Dog Woodturning
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2018, 05:40:54 PM »
That's it. last sales done today, no commissions, no demos, or tuition until January. No need to go into the workshop unless I want to. A very hapy, merry and pleasant Christmas, yuletide, solstice whichever you celebrate.

Pete

Nice one - happy Christmas to one and all .