General Category > General Discussion

Scalloped bowl - another method

<< < (3/6) > >>

willstewart:
George - do not worry and keep coming!  One could wait for perfection but a perfect example does not help anyone any more than my imperfect one unless some special technique is involved (I do wonder about vacuum bagging for clamping - any experience with complex objects welcome).  So the basic idea is already there.  And FWIW the joints are actually not bad - the issue as I said is that the 'petal' thickness varies - I can correct this another time.

JHA:
Well done, good ideas.
Thanks for the detailed photos and description.
 :)

GBF:

--- Quote from: willstewart on April 18, 2019, 05:22:14 PM ---George - do not worry and keep coming!  One could wait for perfection but a perfect example does not help anyone any more than my imperfect one unless some special technique is involved (I do wonder about vacuum bagging for clamping - any experience with complex objects welcome).  So the basic idea is already there.  And FWIW the joints are actually not bad - the issue as I said is that the 'petal' thickness varies - I can correct this another time.

--- End quote ---

What you have atemted here is more advanced than most Woodturners could ever do inc me.I think even a Furniture maker would struggle .
So not so bad  LOL

Regards George

bodrighywood:
In all fairness George tends  to say what most of us just think. The concept is great, and if you had posted as a trial what can make it better it would have been a different matter. So much gets lost in this medium that come across in face to face dialogue. Bottom line this is a great concept and needs you to go on with. Keep 'em coming. Us old fogies need something to shake us out of our lethargy.

Pete

Sandy:
Will,

To me, George's first comment came across as a very blunt 'put-me-down', neither warranted nor needed, let alone showing any respect.

Make what you will of his last comment -    "What you have atemted here is more advanced than most Woodturners could ever do inc me.I think even a Furniture maker would struggle . So not so bad  LOL" 

??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version