General Category > General Discussion

Old Competitions

(1/2) > >>

Dave Wraight:
Hi. Bit of a strange question but directed at some of the members who have been entering competitions for a long time. I am currently chair of Dorset Woodturners Association and one of our members has recently passed away. I can remember him telling me about woodworking competitions which were held - possibly Westminster Hall or Earls Court in the 70's or 80's. From what I remember he said he had won a competition. Does anyone know who was running these competitions and where I might find the relevant information.

Derek:
There used to be one run by the publishers of The Woodworker and Turner magazine the last one was at Alexandra Palace. Which I entered, it was the first show that I had even attempted to enter and went into the Novice section and luckily won the third prize.

Dave Wraight:
Thanks for that -  any idea of the dates?

Derek:

--- Quote from: Dave Wraight on May 26, 2019, 10:42:40 AM ---Thanks for that -  any idea of the dates?

--- End quote ---

Not sure of the exact date but I can say it was March 2011. Someone told me I had third on the 12th of March that year and looking at a calendar for that year seems about right as it was a Saturday.

julcle:
Hi Derek   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Julian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version