General Category > General Discussion

Gallery Stat's

<< < (4/6) > >>

GBF:
That is a fair Question Dereck.
To be honest I have not looked at the Forum for probably a year or more I used to look every day and comment on most things with more than a that is nice .
I did find that a lot of members resented any honest Critique and went into a sulk if you did not say what they wanted to hear.To be honest looking at some of their work now they have not improved this is the result of not taking on board critique from more experianced turners but that is anothe subject.
Beleave it or not I have been contacted by several Members asking why I dont use the Forum anymore.
I thought I would start putting a few things up and do some WIP's and see if anybody is interested and when I looked I could see a few were puting pictures up but Members were not commenting which seems a shame.
Does that answer your question Derek

Regards George

Derek:
Thank you, George and glad you took my question to you in the manner in which I intended it as I am not always good at putting things down in the written word.

I must confess that on many occasions I forget to put C & C welcome at the bottom of my posts but do like to have it. Sometimes I have already seen the problem after I have posted a piece

GBF:
I have always beleaved Derek that if you put pictures on a Forum you should be prepared to receive C & C anyway.
If you saw some of the comments and Critique I received on my work when I started it would make your eyes water but years ago we soaked it all up and moved on.

Regards George

The Bowler Hatted Turner:
Of course the other thing could be lack of time, sometimes I just quickly scan the forum to see what is new but don't always have the luxury to compose a decent reply orthe type of reply that the piece deserves, which then brings me back to whay I said earlier, if I can't find anything nice to say (and now add in ) the time to write something nice to say, so for example a fair critique, then better off saying nothing.As an example of time starvation I notice my first reply this evening was 7.49, it is now 22.16. I have been sat at this computer all evening doing other work and in all that period of time I have not been able to stop and type a nice critique.....and now it is time for bed.

GBF:
I am not answering every comment as I am more interested in what members think than what I think
This thread is getting a lot of interest and comments I wonder why that is ,maybe because others have noticed the lack of input on some threads

Regards George

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version