General Category > General Discussion

Gallery Stat's

<< < (6/6)

The Bowler Hatted Turner:

--- Quote from: Derek on July 18, 2019, 11:14:13 AM ---
--- Quote from: michaelb on July 18, 2019, 07:20:07 AM ---scores GBF 6 Derek 3 BHT 2 Les 2 all others one ....turning time nil

--- End quote ---

Yes turning time nil for me but what you forget is that some of us can't stand for long periods at the lathe for one reason or another. It is now taking me twice or even three times as long to produce something and just wish I could spend longer doing so.

So comments like this are useless without other facts

--- End quote ---
37 % of all statistics are made up ;D ;D ;D

Paul Hannaby:
I can think of a number of reasons -

Perhaps some of those who didn't http://www.awgb.co.uk/awgbforum/Smileys/classic/tongue.gifcomment took note of the gallery guideline which suggests people should ask for a constructive critique if they want it...

There are those who just treat the forum as an opportunity to view but don't participate.

There are also those who don't put their head above the parapet for fear of getting shot at!

Some may not be confident enough of their knowledge of turning to pass comment in front of people they don't really know.

I think the same is very much true of social media - look at some of the posts on there which show how many hundreds of people it reached but there are only a handful of comments.

Coming at this from a different direction -

Perhaps we shouldn't expect others to comment but should just be happy they took the time to have a look and have the confidence in our own work not to need the reassurance of others?

I think we have to put ourselves in other people's shoes and think what they are trying to get out of the forum rather than what we are trying to get out of it.

Or perhaps we should stop trying to attach meaning to something which has none and get on with turning!  ;)

John Plater:
"Or perhaps we should stop trying to attach meaning to something which has none and get on with turning!  ;)"

It would be so easy to spend a lot of time being interested in woodturning leaving precious little to do it  ;D  ;D  ;D
ATB John

hughie:
Unfortunately there is a drift toward social media to the extent that some woody forums have shut down. But I agree we should all add our comments where relevant and I am  no better than most or perhaps worse as I have been absent MIA so to speak.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version