General Category > General Discussion

Gallery Stat's

<< < (2/6) > >>

michaelb:
Surely a Forum is there for what members want either to comment on or not, whatever the statistics are does it  matter.   

GBF:
It matters to members who go to the trouble of putting pictures and info up.
As a matter of interest what promted me to start this topic was a private message on FB to me from a Forum member

Message as follows

Thanks George, I appreciate your comments , it fucks me off that we make the effort to photograph and post etc, and we get nothing back, it’s not so much about getting praise, more about honest critics from your self, that’s the point of posting

This is a comment from a Member o f this Forum in a private Message to me this member has been receiving tips and help from me via private messages and his work has improved enormously but he like probably many others feel they dont get support from this Forum.

Regards George

Wood spinner:
I don't post anything as I was trolled big time on another forum some years ago ,
Just don't need the grief .
Also some comment here in the not to distant past have been awful ( Thay's my opinion , I think we are still allowed opinins ? ) and I'm not opening that can of worms again .

burywoodturners:
It all ends up on social media, and some very nice pieces get a limited response. As Bob Dylan told us 'Times they are a'changing'
Ron

The Bowler Hatted Turner:
George I stick to the saying that if you cannot say anything nice say nothing at all, I comment when I see a piece that I feel warrants some comment from me otherwise in my opinion if I comment on every piece I see what I say is worthless. I know that you along with many other turners I know collect work made by other turners, I have to say that other people's work has never interested me to the point that I would buy a piece from another turner and commenting can fall into the same category. Also, passing a comment on another person's work through a media such as this can be mis construed ( I know you know about this) so sometimes just saying nothing (in my situation) may be the best thing to do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version