General Category > General Discussion

Jigs for turning

<< < (2/3) > >>

Derek:

--- Quote from: bodrighywood on August 03, 2019, 10:22:14 PM ---Maybe i am being thick but explain the ear ring jig for me?

Pete

--- End quote ---

Sorry that may be me it is for drilling the holes in an earring stand not the earrings themselves ::) ::) ::). I must get in the habit of re-reading my post before posting it ;D ;D ;D

Making mine in 4 pieces with the upright and finial from contrasting wood and the base and top and bottom from another wood

bodrighywood:
I did wonder but as I use the indexing on my lathe to do my marking wasn't sure.

Pete

Twisted Trees:

--- Quote from: bodrighywood on August 04, 2019, 09:57:22 AM ---I did wonder but as I use the indexing on my lathe to do my marking wasn't sure.

Pete

--- End quote ---

We obviously looked at the picture from different angles, I saw a hole jig that can be put on to the blank before it goes into the lathe, this has advantages over drilling after shaping as your blank will have a flat surface.

Derek, any chance you could add the jig photos to your thread in Tool Tips https://www.awgb.co.uk/awgbforum/index.php/topic,5916.0.html

Derek:

--- Quote from: Twisted Trees on August 04, 2019, 11:27:09 AM ---
--- Quote from: bodrighywood on August 04, 2019, 09:57:22 AM ---I did wonder but as I use the indexing on my lathe to do my marking wasn't sure.

Pete

--- End quote ---

We obviously looked at the picture from different angles, I saw a hole jig that can be put on to the blank before it goes into the lathe, this has advantages over drilling after shaping as your blank will have a flat surface.

Derek, any chance you could add the jig photos to your thread in Tool Tips https://www.awgb.co.uk/awgbforum/index.php/topic,5916.0.html

--- End quote ---

I completely forgot that I had started that one :-[ :-[ :-[

bodrighywood:
I have a completely different system by the sound of it. As I tend to make ear ring stands as bread and butter items, a dozen or so at a time I do them as quickly as possible. Drilling is done with a pillar drill and one side of the disc is flat. Works for me.

Pete

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version