General Category > General Discussion

How do clubs need to respond in modern ‘Web’ era?

<< < (4/7) > >>

John D Smith:

Hi George,
                  You are correct  ;) Regards John

The Bowler Hatted Turner:
and that continues until your wife wants you to get out from under her feet and then you join a woodturning club again!! ;D ;D

burywoodturners:
The challenge for my club is not so much mebers watching youtube, but getting them to read their eamils! 9( Oh and reply to them)
Ron

Twisted Trees:
Personally I feel that clubs are missing a trick by trying to focus on demonstrations that take the whole evening, don't get me wrong the demonstrations are good and worth attending, but the short time left means that I really don't know anyone from club nights, a few I know from other events take my attention so the 20 minutes or so that is not demonstration time is gone before anyone gets to know anyone, so why not sit alone at home and watch YouTube?

The Bowler Hatted Turner:
In my club there is an opportunity to meet and speak to members before the demonstration begins and halfway during tea break. I feel that clubs that book demonstrators want the demo to last as long as possible to get their money's worth, which I have to agree with. Also goes the other way too, if I spend all day today getting ready for a demo (which I will be doing today) I don't want to travel 100 miles or more just for an hour long demonstration, after putting in the effort I then want to produce a good demo rather than have it cut short.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version