General Category > General Discussion

Mystery chuck jaws?

<< < (2/5) > >>

burywoodturners:
If the four jaws in the picture are part of the set then you have engineering jaws. and will close up to take a small drill.
I have the Axminster version and apart from being knuckle bashers they also stir up a draught!
Great for really small jobs but just watch your knuckes
Ron

The Bowler Hatted Turner:
I don't think they are accessory mounting jaws that fuzzy suggested as there are not enough holes in the plates neither do I think they are the engineering jaws that burywoodturners has mentioned as they will not close up enough. But as the holes are not counter sunk or counter drilled I would assume they are custom made. They may be for opening into a metal ring that fixes onto the bottom of a turning. Have a look at the ring to see if it is dovetailed.

Sandy:
Hi crazylegs,

Yep, I can see where Fuzzyturns is coming from, potentially agree but also with Twisted Trees that additional images are needed. Do you know / are the jaws stamped with the manufacturer name and what is the overall diameter?

In other words, more info needed!

crazylegs:
I know its been a while but here are some more pictures, both sides and edge. No markings, no countersinks.

The Bowler Hatted Turner:
Looks like they may have been intended to grip a bowl ring.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version