General Category > General Discussion

Edwardian Ladies

(1/6) > >>

burywoodturners:
[img][img]

burywoodturners:
I still have problems posting a picture, but I got one this time!
I have wanted to make some of these figurines for a while now, having  seen some made a club demo. I got stuck with the off center points and the sequence of them, the picture is my best effort to date.

I cannot find anything on YouTube, mainly, I suspect because I do not know the correct name for them.

Anyone help with this?
Thanks
Ron

Twisted Trees:
I would call that a Peg Doll, or kokeshi doll, there are a number of variations on youtube. A wobble chuck would assist with the off centre portions.

bodrighywood:
These can be turned between centres or as here held in an ordinairy chuck and adjusted for each angle.
Hope this helps.

Pete

Twisted Trees:

--- Quote from: bodrighywood on September 15, 2019, 09:16:28 PM ---These can be turned between centres or as here held in an ordinairy chuck and adjusted for each angle.
Hope this helps.

Pete

--- End quote ---

I do remember doing something like this but between centers, seems a bit odd to use a chuck here (with less 60 grit!) if I remember rightly we centered a 5 pence piece on the live end drew a line through it and took the center and 2 points where the the line crossed the circle to get our offsets I now use either a steb centre or ring drive both of which should work very well for this, but it would have been a 2 prong back when we did it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version