General Category > General Discussion

tutors map

(1/3) > >>

wider:
how long dose it take to sort out the tutors map and listing. I was on the listing till late and for what ever reason I have been taken of. I have been asking to be linked to the tutors map as well for several months but this has still not happened.  can some one get in touch and discuss with me what has happened. many thanks in advance.

Les Symonds:
Given that the AWGB is run entirely by volunteers, rather than attempting to publicly embarrass one of the association offices in this way, perhaps it would be better to do it privately, or even to volunteer to help.
Les

wider:
les this was not a point of humiliation but a point of finding out exactly how long it usually takes to complete this .

fuzzyturns:
Well, Les does have a point here. The AWGB are constantly struggling to find enough volunteers to run the various aspects of the association, including membership and website. So if there currently is nobody or if that person has some personal issues that take priority, it can take some time. After all, this is not a commercial entity.

Paul Hannaby:
From the point of receipt of a completed application form (which we have to insist on due to the data protection regulations), it should take up to a month to appear on the website. Updates are put in the database then parts of that are replicated to the website roughly monthly.
Unfortunately we had difficulties over the last year with the previous webmaster / data manager having enough time to do what was needed so the work was split between myself and another officer. Now we have new volunteersin place doing the website and data manager roles so I'm expecting the websites to get a long awaited overhaul in the near future and updates may happen faster.

As others have pointed out, we are entirely run by volunteers so sometimes life puts other demands on their time. We are always looking for extra volunteers to help with the huge workload involved in running the organisation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version