General Category > General Discussion

Seeking advice

<< < (2/2)

burywoodturners:
I go along with accepting the fee, as a club secretary I have had no less than three demonstrators unable to come to the club this year, that's just two more than in the last ten years! At least with mine they let me know in time for me to get someone else, and as your demonstrator did not let the club know  he could not make it, then he has no call on the fee.
Ron

Lazurus:
What they all said, admiral thought but your time and turning.

John Plater:
When I have felt "guilty" about a fee in the past I have asked for the cheque to be made out to a charity I support and this has become a regular feature when funds permit.
ATB John

The Bowler Hatted Turner:
There is something else that should be considered here too, if you set the precedent of giving away your fee when you replace another turner who is unable to demonstrate for whatever reason there will be a general reluctance for short notice demonstrators to step in at the last minute. Accept the fee and then whatever you do with it is up to you.

fuzzyturns:
Thank you to all for the feedback. I have considered all the various sides and decided to keep the fee. I agree with John that this would set a precedent that is not favourable for last minute replacements, and considering that no attempt was made by the original turner to notify relevant clubs I now also think this is the right thing to do. Again, thanks for everybody pointing out all the various aspects.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version