General Category > General Discussion

Tool rack

<< < (3/4) > >>

The Bowler Hatted Turner:
I am sure there was a recent thread about tool racks on this forum. My two pennies worth I would say make it at least twice as big as you need it at the moment.

The Bowler Hatted Turner:
I am sure there was a recent thread about tool racks on this forum. My two pennies worth I would say make it at least twice as big as you need it at the moment.

Twisted Trees:

--- Quote from: The Bowler Hatted Turner on November 29, 2019, 08:43:26 AM ---I am sure there was a recent thread about tool racks on this forum. My two pennies worth I would say make it at least twice as big as you need it at the moment.

--- End quote ---

Yep, led to https://www.awgb.co.uk/awgbforum/index.php/topic,5916.0.html which I mentioned above.

Derek:
The thread link to above in the first post my tool rack is made on a rack of ten tools and mounted on a french cleat as tools increase I make another rack again holding ten tools this means being able to expand the rack (wall space allowing) also if I need to remove a rack for any reason I can even take it down with all the tools still in it(as long as I don't tip it in the wrong direction ::))

David Holden:
Thanks for all your helpful replies and the warm welcome!

I've only got 7 tools at the moment with 4 more on the way. I can see myself buying more in the future so I'll probably make a rack for 20.

I haven't really got a problem with the rack being wall mounted behind the lathe. I wouldn't have them behind the headstock, I'd have them towards the tailstock end.

Thanks again
David

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version