General Category > General Discussion

Video about the danger (or otherwise) of static in dust extraction systems

<< < (2/2)

hughie:
I use PVC on my dust collector and  agree with the comments on the video. I have a background of over 20-30 years in Engineering  across 3 continents with dust and dust collectors and it that time I have only seen one dust fire. The ignition point in the fire was not static but rather a  hot slag sucked by the dust collector as it was being used to remove welding fumes.
But I have had many a conversation about this with little or no avail as to finding a point of agreement and so like wise I dont do 'the discussion' any more

The Bowler Hatted Turner:
I have seen 2 dust explosions in my time, the first when I worked in a furniture manufacturers after I left the forces, it was caused by a lighted cigarette
butt being sucked up the sweep up port. That was quite exciting at the time, but the more exciting one that I have witnessed (and I swear I didn't have that much to do with it) was when I was still in the forces and one time on exercise we taped a thunder flash to a bag of flour, from 1/4 mile away in the dark that looked like a nuclear explosion. I do miss those days sometimes.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version