General Category > General Discussion

Wood store rebuild

<< < (2/6) > >>

Derek:

--- Quote from: Mike313 on February 14, 2020, 01:06:26 PM ---If your shed is without a roof, just four walls, with this storm coming at the week-end perhaps it would be a good idea to put some diagonal horizontal bracing at the corners to stiffen it. Just a thought . . . .

--- End quote ---

If the wind blows it over then no matter as it is coming down completely. The new shed will be fully assembled after the storm has passed. All I am concentrating on at the moment is cutting the wood to size and possibly assemble the panels ready for a quiet moment whereas the walls and roof will all go together in one day.

Derek:
Yesterday I managed to get the back panel completed, hopefully today will start some of the side panels.

First picture starting to add the feather board after squaring up the frame

Derek:
Managed to get one panel a day so far this is the last two days work Made the frame for the solid end and squared it all up by measuring the diagonals to do this I first had to mark the same distance up and put a temporary cross member in place so that I could check for square.
Once a diagonal brace was added I could then clad it with feather board.

The next day I turned the first-panel upside down and used that one as a template for the end with the door opening this did speed up the framework but still had to do a little fettling as the centre support need moving over by about 3" to give the width of the door I was going to make.

Again this was then clad with feather board will not be long before I start to think about assembling it as the fourth side panel will be made in place as it is only a short panel with another door.

There is a shelf storage unit that will need to be put in there and if I built that panel I would not get it in.

Twisted Trees:
Considering the quantity of weather we have had, that is excellent progress, will expect a picture of it completed and loaded next week  :)

Derek:

--- Quote from: Twisted Trees on February 20, 2020, 10:35:32 PM ---Considering the quantity of weather we have had, that is excellent progress, will expect a picture of it completed and loaded next week  :)

--- End quote ---

Nothing today as it is Pi----g oops Raining here.

Hopefully, tomorrow looks like a day for making the doors and if the panels dry, give them a coat of preservative even though the wood is already treated it will give it a more even colour.

I have had plenty of offerers to help assemble it once I am ready to erect it as the parts are all made on the two patios. The large panel will need a couple of strong men to move it.

The sooner I can get it finished and the wood moved back into it the sooner I can get into the shed for some me time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version