General Category > General Discussion

Setting up Demonstration Filiming

(1/3) > >>

michaelb:
Our Club has decided to improve filming for demonstrations, we are thinking of an overhead camera and side camera with 2 monitors so guess some sort of device to switch from one camera to the other  also supporting overhead camera . Any advice or experience of type of equipment/set up would be a great help .Have budget of aprox £1k

bodrighywood:
Get as many teenagers enrolled as possible LOL.
Sorry, no practical help though sure someone will have some.

Pete

Philip Green:
One possibility is a CCTV system that will allow you to switch between cameras. I set one up for my club four or five years ago.

Mayo Mick:

--- Quote from: michaelb on February 25, 2020, 05:52:01 PM ---Our Club has decided to improve filming for demonstrations, we are thinking of an overhead camera and side camera with 2 monitors so guess some sort of device to switch from one camera to the other  also supporting overhead camera . Any advice or experience of type of equipment/set up would be a great help .Have budget of aprox £1k

--- End quote ---

I'm currently in the process of upgrading the camera set up at our own chapter. Currently its one camera on a tripod with a long amr on it, no zoom and camera is usually out of focus. (It drives me daft!)

I'm planning on making a gantry to hang over the lathe. Going to put 2 6000K LED battens, one front and one back facing down to the lathe at about 45*. 2 new cameras, Sony CX-405's are plenty good enough. One looking down over headstock and the other on an adjustable arm at the tailstock end. Both wired back to a double socket on the gantry. New tv cabanit with 2 tv's, located near the headstock and viewable from the demonstrator too. Both cameras will have wireless remote zoom. I'll also be able to record from both, but I do all recording from my own cameras on tripod.

I'm planning this system so that we can unmount the cameras and use them along with tv's if we do a demonstration away from home base.

I've attached a sketch of what's in me head (stop laughing down the back there!)

Derek:
This is our club set up shown here in our newsletter

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version