General Category > General Discussion

Wood suppliers

<< < (2/4) > >>

bodrighywood:

--- Quote from: crazylegs on May 11, 2020, 06:58:40 PM ---If you are in my neck of the woods then try here. http://www.tylerhardwoods.com/
They have a small but reasonably priced range of timber. Ever changing stock just depend what is being cut. Worth a look but no nice round blanks you will have to do a bit of work.

--- End quote ---

I use them as well. Often have a 'shop for turners' with burrs and some nice offcuts going. Don't know if they are open at the moment though. Near Marlborough, a bit far for Paul probably

Pete

Derek:
Paul have you tried Home Of Wood

Paul Hannaby:
I'm after an 80mm or 65mm board of beech which needs to be dry. It will be cut up into 80x80x65mm blocks for turning.

seventhdevil:

--- Quote from: Paul Hannaby on May 12, 2020, 10:05:33 AM ---I'm after an 80mm or 65mm board of beech which needs to be dry. It will be cut up into 80x80x65mm blocks for turning.

--- End quote ---

i've a few leftover blocks you could use that were originally cut for halves of a skittle blank. all 80mm thick i think and roughly 13" long by 7" wide.

how much do you need?

Duncan A:
If you're willing to buy online, or travel a fair distance, Mac Timbers would be worth a try.

There's a sawmill called Deciduous Timber Services near Wotton-Under-Edge. I don't know anything about them, and they don't have a website, but they were put on the UKW list of recommended timber suppliers so it may be worth calling them on 07754 607408.

Good luck
Duncan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version