General Category > General Discussion

That's it I have had enough

<< < (3/3)

The Bowler Hatted Turner:
I did something similar in my workshop a few years ago, although mine was to avoid heating unused parts of the workshop in a really cold spell and concentrate he heat to where I was working. To be honest it lasted no more than a couple of week and then I got fed up with it.

fuzzyturns:
I've got a similar setup in my shop, some old curtains running just around the lathe. I use it mostly when I do roughing out of green wood or when turning dry oak, as otherwise I have to clean the entire shop. Works perfectly fine for me.

bodrighywood:
I just clean the worst up each evening and have a blitz every now and then or the evening before if I have a student coming. Think I would get really frustrated with the curtains there as I have to cross the shop to get different tools, polish, abrasive etc all the time.,

Pete

fuzzyturns:
The curtains only come out if needed, most of the time they are folded back to the walls of the workshop and don't get in the way at all. Plus: when turning green wood, the water splashes everywhere, and I really don't want that. It's enough that I have to clean the entire lathe after a green turning session. I already have water marks all over the ceiling above the lathe, that's enough, thank you.

Wood spinner:
No PM's yet so it looks like the colours remain  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version