General Category > General Discussion

Worktop dust extractors.

(1/4) > >>

bodrighywood:
I have started doing some pierced work and the dust that comes off is much worsw than in the workshop so am looking for a small dust collector / extractor that I can use locally. I am working in the conservatory so need something that would be suitable for my peirced work and Mo's pyrography. Looking at some of the nail dust ones but can't really tell from the blurb if they.' re worth it. Don't want to spend much as it may not be something I really get into. Advice welcome

Pete

Redtails5:
Hi pete
I have the same problem small workshop it was the dust of the sanding that did me, i had a look round and found what i was looking for a thor 810 dust extractor
The beauty of it is pete you can place it were you like for optimum extraction.
They are a bit noisy but you get used to that, but i tell you what they dont half shift the dust.
Hope this helps.

bodrighywood:
Thanks, I'll have a look at that one

Pete

Duncan A:
I've got the Microclene MC760 which is basically the same as the Thor 810. They are indeed handy due to their portability and can also be fitted with a variety of different filters e.g. carbon filter for fumes.

To keep the noise down, I use this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HYDROPONICS-GROW-LIGHT-13A-PLUG-IN-COOLING-FAN-SPEED-CONTROLLER/201936408002?hash=item2f04590dc2:g:KQ0AAOSwstxU6ZYP

Just crank it up to full speed for those moments when it's really needed and run it slower at other times.

Duncan

bodrighywood:
You are talking about a couple of hundred for these machines folks. I am looking for something a bit cheaper. Correction a OT cheaper LOL. Ones I have been looking at are more in the region or £30 or so.

Pete

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version