General Category > General Discussion

New dry-wood store

(1/1)

Les Symonds:
Following-on from my previous post about preventing woodworm attack.....I felt the need to build a dry-wood store as close as possible to my workshop door. I have one outdoor and a couple of indoor stores for green timber, so it made sense to have somewhere to move that timber to when it had dried/seasoned.
Last year I had built a canopy alongside my workshop; just a roof and corner posts, so I paneled off most of the walls and fitted a rack to take end-stacked dry slabs, a load of big knobbly bits and dry branchwood (yew and laburnum). This will make life much easier when I'm teaching, as it's mostly the slabs and branchwood that get used a few times each week, so having it this close to the workshop is great....I might even allow students to choose their own timber.

Les

bodrighywood:
Really envy your setupLes. Thpough I have a reasonable sized workshop I am limited in what alterations etc I can do to it or I would happily have something like your wood store instead of loads of shelves cluttered up.

Pete

Bryan Milham:
Les, for most people I'd suggest that was a couple of lifetimes worth of timber, but for you, maybe a couple of years worth!

Twisted Trees:
Spot on Les, I see you built it exactly one third the size you need which is the proper way  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version