General Category > General Discussion

Clubs restarting?

<< < (10/29) > >>

John D Smith:

That is such a shame all that preparation and hard work is wasted I think it is not worth trying until things get more stable

Regards John

John D Smith:

I don't think many if any Clubs will be starting up again this year which is going to make it very difficult to collect the AWGB annual subscriptions from members Zurich Insurance have given clubs a 3 month extension on their policies until April 2021 is there any thoughts of what the AWGB will be doing and what do members think.

Regards John 

Paul Hannaby:
We always allow a grace period up to the end of March for renewals. We are going to extend that next year to allow clubs more time. We will be contacting clubs with this and other news shortly...

Wooddust:
What do people think will happen to woodturning clubs, post covid?

Do you think they will just pick up where they left off or will the time away make people rethink about returning?

Bill21:
I was wondering about that today. I think the perceived safety at the proposed time of recommencement will have a big bearing on the numbers. Especially as mentioned before in another thread, not least due to the average age of club members. My own club was invited to restart when the venue reopened in September but it was still thought too dangerous due to Covid. Of the people I’ve spoken to most if not all don’t expect any major movement back to normality until at least March next year. How many will continue with membership post Covid remains to be seen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version