General Category > General Discussion

M39x4 Spindle

<< < (2/2)

Twisted Trees:
I have noticed a few post on here and elsewhere looking for second hand Versachuck parts, as they are unavailable, principally jaws and carriers, it would be enough to make me cautious of buying into the system as the future is uncertain.

If it is that big and heavy I am pretty sure that the headstock bearings would take the extra 1½" needed to put an M33 adaptor on it. only problem with that is it will need to be put on and off to use the Morse Taper if it has one.

As an idea, IF it has an MT3 you could possibly get the thread adapter machined with an MT2 that will permanently fit to the lathe giving a more standard thread and a more standard MT as well, though you are approaching fancy and potentially expensive engineering then.

Parrot62:
I sadly agree about the versachuck, they pretty much said that they had no restock date and suggest I look for other solutions.

Fortunately Oneway have offered to cut me an adapter for M39x4 so I’m looking forward to using the superb Stronghold Chuck, my lathe has 17inch spam so I’ll be able to use its capabilities.
Great support from Oneway, a well tooled engineering company and great products.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version