General Category > General Discussion

Abrasive Wax

<< < (2/2)

Bill21:
Having had a further look online many seem to think that commercial products aren’t any better than home made versions just more expensive and in some cases containing some rather unpleasant sounding chemicals.

Twisted Trees:

--- Quote from: Bill21 on December 18, 2020, 11:32:07 PM ---Having had a further look online many seem to think that commercial products aren’t any better than home made versions just more expensive and in some cases containing some rather unpleasant sounding chemicals.

--- End quote ---

It is a fairly simple recipe, I would make my own if I used more, but buying in the ingredients in the small quantities I would use is not overly cost effective. If you are going to make your own it may be worth getting together with a small group splitting the cost and make a batch. As I see it there are only 3 issues to resolve:

1 Proportions to give a long lasting "cream" that is easy to apply
2 Getting the abrasive evenly mixed into the paste
3 doing the above with equipment you already own would be daft to spend £100 on kit to make a £10 a year abrasive wax

Bill21:
I’ve watched a couple of videos now and it seems to be pretty straightforward. As in the video below I’m only going to make small amounts to try it out. There isn’t really much equipment needed apart from a pan of hot water and an old tin to mix it in.

https://youtu.be/htqbC3AZ7qg

If it works well I’ll no doubt make the odd jar for friends.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version