General Category > Tool tips & reviews

Bearings on a WIVAMAC 1000

<< < (3/3)

icewoodturning:
Paul,

Can you remember how the handwheel comes off the DB1000. I was led to believe it was a lh thread, but having removed the grub screw, it spins freely enough but I can’t get it to come off the end of the spindle. I presume I need a bearing puller or is there a trick to it? Trying to just access the rear bearing to get the code.

Paul Hannaby:
I think the handwheel was just held by the grubscrew. I don't remember there being a thread.

Wood spinner:
Some things are held on with 2 grub screws ,1st one does the hold , Second one stoppes the first one coming out .

icewoodturning:
You were spot on with the double grub screw on the handwheel (and also on the larger dia of the spindle pulley) The manual doesn't make this clear at all.

The other interesting thing to note on my version was that the spindle and spindle cap were both machined to take either a single or double front bearing arrangement. Presumably same spindle/spindle cap were used on the Db1000 and Db801.

Thanks for the help.

jannickz:
If you have the original manual, it might include instructions or diagrams for bearing replacement. Check if it specifies the type and size of the good bearings needed. Search online for parts diagrams or exploded views of your lathe model. These can help identify the specific bearings and their locations.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version